Your business is likely to feel like one of the family, we know ours does, so choosing to sell it or pass it along to the next generation or your loyal management team is, for many, a critical decision.
At fds we have been selling businesses for 28 years and our expertise lies in the owner manager/privately owned sector on a global basis. With 400+ transactions under our belt we like to think that we have seen most things, if not all.
The business sale journey is a long and winding road and without a map you will get lost, think of fds as your very own sat nav.
This is what we do:
- Let’s start with a valuation, it’s no good going to market if your business isn’t worth what you want for it. Our expertise and sophisticated market research will give you real time deal information and assess the appetite for your type of organisation, for more information on valuations click here.
- Once we have an approximation of value we need to find you the likely buyers and importantly, if they have got the funds to support a deal.
- Then of course we need to get to those buyers and present your company in the best possible light. Our expert marketers and designers will create a sales document that will impress even the most conservative of acquirers.
- It goes without saying, but let’s say it anyway, discretion is the name of this process.
- We then need to meet the buyers, ideally across the negotiation table and it’s here where we will use our extensive skills to get the deal of your dreams.
- We more than anyone, are aware that deals rarely fail because of an inability to agree a price, but rather an inability to agree terms. Leave this to us, we are experts in recognising the skills required for this process.
- Then of course you need to be happy, everyone else at the sale table is working for you, be it lawyers, accountants, tax experts or a due diligence team, we know how to work with these people.
- And finally, we take you through to deal success watching your back for last minute hitches and glitches.
"I selected Jo, after being disgruntled with my first
sales agent who I had chosen against three other traditional sales
agents. Then reading one of her books and liking her approach I finally had a meeting with her and just felt a strong sense of her being "on
my side"! Am I glad I chose her?... Well I became 30% better
off with the deal that she brokered for me! The process cannot be pain
free, but Jo certainly kept things as smooth and me as confident as possible." -