he new normal, gosh I am sick of hearing this. What is new, what is normal? Is it Zoom or Teams meetings? Is it having to make huge business-changing decisions without having all the facts and with no sign of any facts being available any time soon?
Is it being Mother, Father, confident and physician to the war-weary boards you are sitting on? Is it worrying and waking up at 3 am trying to help resolve the unresolvable? Then if that’s the new normal I am living it 24/7.
If this sounds daunting it is, but it’s also scary hugely rewarding and personally challenging in equal measures. The future has never felt so uncertain, so daunting, and yet so full of opportunities.
One of the truly wonderful things about being a Non-Executive Director is the chance to be part of changing the fortunes of a business using a guiding hand and keeping the board calm and focused.
Plan for the worst and hope for the best is the new world strategy. If you would like to hear more about how to be part of this “New World" then join us on our upcoming online workshop.
Upcoming Online Workshop | Thursday 20 January 2022 | Half-Day - 9:30 - 12:30
Topics covered in the workshop will include:
- Explore why you want to be a Non-Executive Director
- What are the essential skills you need to perform at a world-class level?
- Getting noticed including; A killer NED CV, highlighting your position as a thought leader and how to stand out from the crowd
- Pre-appointment due diligence
- Contacting with the organisation and protection tools including what to put in a contract and what it a reasonable fee and commitment
The online workshop is taking place on Thursday 20th January 2022 at 9:30 - 12:30. To register please click here.
This workshop is part of our Business Masterclass Series, where Jo Haigh will be facilitating four interactive business workshops, covering essential skills and insights for directors, to learn more please click here.